Come, enjoy Lima and its Viceroyalty architecture, Cusco and the 7th wonder of the world, the charms of a magical city and the lost city of the Incas.
DAY 01: ARRIVAL IN THE CITY OF LIMA
Upon arrival, reception by our collaborators and transfer to the hotel. Welcome, assistance with your luggage and check-in at the hotel. Free day for independent activities.
DAY 02: CITY TOUR – COLONIAL LIMA
After having breakfast and during the morning you will have a tour to discover Lima and its history. In this tour we will introduce Lima to you in its three historical periods: Pre-Hispanic, Colonial and Modern. We begin our tour with a panoramic view of the “Huaca Pucllana”, a magnificent ceremonial and archaeological center built in the fourth century and considered a “sacred town” by the Incas. The Viceroyalty of Peru was the most important of the Spanish Empire and Lima was its capital. We visit the Historic Center of Lima in a panoramic way, where you will appreciate more than fifty monuments and colonial buildings, highlighting the Paseo de la República, Plaza San Martín (San Martin Square), Plaza Mayor (Main Square), Palacio de Gobierno (the Government Palace), Palacio Arzobispal (the Archbishop’s Palace), Basílica Catedral (the Cathedral), Palacio Municipal among others. Finally, return to your hotel.
Optional: Visit to the Water Magic Circuit (Tuesday to Sunday) located in the center of the city of Lima. This park has thirteen illuminated water fountains, in fact, it has the largest set of water fountains in the world, which is why it is registered in the Guinness Book of Records. The main fountain is the “Magic Fountain” which, when put into operation, throws out a jet of water 80 meters high. Return to the hotel.
DAY 03: LIMA – CUSCO
Breakfast, transfer to the airport to board your flight to the city of Cusco, upon arrival, reception by our collaborators and transfer to the hotel. Welcome with coca-leaves tea.
CITY TOUR AND SURROUNDINGS
We pick you up from your hotel according to the scheduled time of the Tour. Our starting point will be the Main Square, better known as Plaza de Armas of Cusco. And during the Inca time it was also called Awqaypata or the Warrior Square. Next, we will visit the Qoricancha, Temple of the God Inti, on which the Church of Santo Domingo was built. Then we will visit the Archaeological Park of Sacsayhuaman, where the Inti Raymi ceremony takes place, after that will be Qenqo, the ancient temple of the Puma where you can see an altar for sacrifices inside a huge rock; Pucapucara, which was a point of entry and exit control, Tambomachay, which contains sacred sources of life and health. Return to Cusco by 6:00 p.m. Approximately.
DAY 04: SACRED VALLEY OF THE INCAS
Pick up from your hotel by 08:00 a.m. approx. We will start the tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas taking the road to Pisaq, during the tour we will make a brief stop at the Taray viewpoint to enjoy a classic view of the meandering Urubamba River, through the different carpets of the farm fields. We will arrive at the archaeological center of Pisaq, the largest pre-Hispanic cemetery in the city of Cusco; then we will go to the colorful Pisaq market where we will have free time to interact with the residents and artisans, there, you will be able to make purchases of beautiful handicrafts and souvenirs. Then, we will continue to Urubamba for a buffet lunch. Continuing with our trip, we will visit Ollantaytambo, an attractive town of Inca origin with notable canals and cobbled streets; from the upper part, an impressive ceremonial center for the worship of water and a fortress that protected the access to the lower part of the valley can be seen. Returning to the city of CUSCO we will visit the last archaeological center of this tour, Chinchero, the most important textile art center in the city. We will finish our tour by 6:30 p.m. approximately.
- Note: This tour is appropriate to connect Aguas Calientes (Machupichu)
DIA 05: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
We will pick up from your hotel between 4:30 a.m. to 5:00 a.m., to transfer you to the Ollantaytambo train station, which is 1 hour and 40 minutes from the city of Cusco. You will get on the train that will take you to the town of Aguas Calientes, the journey will be 1 hour 50 minutes approximately. Upon arrival, our staff will assist you to get onto the coach and go up to the citadel of the Incas Machu Picchu. It will take 30 minutes approximately. Then we will enter and start our guided tour for about 2 hours, during the tour we will be able to visit strategic points for your photographs and important places such as: terraces, stairways, ceremonial precincts and dwelling places. At the end of our tour, you will descend to the town of Aguas Calientes to have lunch (not included) return by train to the Ollantaytambo or Poroy station, our staff will be waiting to transfer you to the City of Cusco.
DAY 06: RETURN TO YOUR COUNTRY OR CITY
Breakfast, transfer to the airport to board your return flight to your city or international connection.
- Transportation, Airport – Hotel – Airport
- 02 nights of accommodation in Lima with breakfast and taxes included
- Colonial and modern city tour (regular service)
- Personalized service from Cusco4travel
- Transportation, Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Full Cusco Tourist Ticket – BTCI (entrance ticket to the archaeological centers and Qoricancha)
- City Tour
- Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour
- Buffet lunch in the Sacred Valley
- Professional bilingual tour guide for all tours
- 03 nights of accommodation in Cusco with breakfast and taxes included
- Round-trip Tourist-train tickets (regular service)
- Entrance ticket to the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- Round trip Bus ticket, Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Transportation, Poroy or Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- First Aid Kit
- Cusco4travel personalized service
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Alcoholic drinks, soft drinks or mineral water.
- Extra expenses
- Not mentioned food in the program.
- Second option tours or excursions (prices separately)
- Excursion to Huayna Picchu US$ 25.00 per person (subject to availability)
- Original Passport
- Face mask
- Warm clothes
- Bottle of water
- Small backpack
- Trekking shoes
- Rain poncho (for the season of October – April)
- Sun hat, sunscreen
- Digital camera
- Personal medications. (if necessary)
- Extra money
- Price per person in US dollars
- This document is only a travel estimate and not a confirmation of service
- Reservations can only be confirmed when requested by an advance payment of 60% of the total cost.
- There is no blocking of spaces either in hotels or in the services
- Cusco4travel recommends the purchase of travel insurance.
- You can pay with any credit/debit card or by bank deposit or platforms provided by us.